• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Open Photography Forums are great!

Peter Ruevski

This is just to share my delight about the forum.

When I joined this forum my initial impression was - too few people, too few posts - and I did not think this as a compliment. However my opinion quickly changed - I really like it - particularly the low volume - it makes it meaningful to visit once a week or maybe once every two weeks and catch up on all the topics one finds interesting. What is more the signal to noise ratio is so good that if the forum was a digital camera everyone would want it :)

By comparison high-volume forums - even if they have a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful members and therefore a lot of useful threads - are impossible to follow unless one is dedicated to reading them every single day (maybe twice a day). The number of "40D specs leaked", "Should I buy D200 or 30D" and similar threads makes it absolutely meaningless to just "read the forum". Only searching (when it works) is useful - at least for me.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Peter,

We do not want to become a "list" or a place of pandemonium. This is a locale for relaxing, sharing ideas and challenging each other.

We just want to make and deliver better pictures.

We do need more people in certain critical areas and we grow each day. Uniquely, this is not a place for bragging about ownership or obsessions with minutiae. Most apparent equipment restrictions, are not!

Thanks everyone for building a great place to hang out!

Asher