• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

INformation on a Marion Co. Ltd. camera

Peter O'Brien

I have a Marion and Co. Ltd camera that was purchased in London, England between 1911 and 1921. The tag on the camera states "Marion E. Co. Ltd London W."

On the side it states "Kershaw's Patent" and there appears to be a serial number M116.

The lens is a Taylor, Taylor and Hobson of Leicester, London and New York. The lens also reads "Cooke lens H. D. with Taylor's patents Series IV # 22394- 5"X4" EQ Focus 6.2" The lens was sold by the Service Co. Ltd, 293 High Holborn, London WF".

If anyone has any knowledge of this camera and the possible value it would be very much appreciated.

There are two photos of the camera below. Thank you for your interest.

Peter O'Brien

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Peter
welcome onboard OPF!
There are many old cameras lovers here!

Thanks for posting your images, but we can't see them! you have to upload them first on a web server as we do not have access (and that's a good news for you ;-) to your hard drive!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Peter,

I'm dying to see your antique camera! I have several myself. Load them on Flikr or Smugmug or other such free server. I can't even see into your room right now, the link is not working, never mind getting to your hard drive, LOL!

Asher

Peter O'Brien

Asher: I am technically inept. As a result I do not know how to load them on Flikr or Smugmug. I do know how to forward them by E mail and if you have an E mail address I could forward the photos that way.

Thank You
Peter O'Brien

Peter O'Brien

Nicolas I do not have the ability to do you ask. If you forward an E mail address I am able to forward the pictures to you.
Peter O'Brien