• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Erik Jonas 2

Rachel Foster

Erik Jonas 2

erik2.jpg

ErikJonas

Banned

The Boat in the fog..From 2006..This is a very special image to me...My dad never got to see my photography but had a brief moment of clarity in the hospital from his alzheimers when i was showing him my then current work he looked at the boat and said "i like this,i like the way the fog hugs the boat"....I will never forget those words...Dad died this last fathers day...I feel so guilty for not getting into photography when he gave me the chance at 15....Jordan was changing in the car and i went walking and found the boat.Many of my best shots i got while shooting with Jordan. It was of my first images. I for some reason early on chose to shoot at 3megs instead of the 6 my camera provided....I thought why whould i need such a big image....

Sandra Jones

I wish those trees weren't there, in my face. Otherwise it would be quite nice.

That's a sweet story about your Dad and I'm sorry for your loss. I can see why this image has sentimental value to you.

ErikJonas

Banned

Thanks Sandra and while i appritiate what your saying on the trees to me they are a critical part of the image.....

A few weeks after i shot this my mom had a serious stroke so then both my parents were in the hospital....On the way to see my mom i stopped and re-shot this tug boat....Was not even close to the same.....I would shoot images and take them into my mom at the hospital to show her and she liked that.....