• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Piano Room and Halloween

Charlotte Thompson

Transparency overlay- piano room and other rooms all shot within the same evening very low light brought together my idea and feel of the magic Halloween-

umbrellagirl.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Transparency overlay- piano room and other rooms all shot within the same evening very low light brought together my idea and feel of the magic Halloween-

umbrellagirl.jpg

Hi Charlotte,

I am bent towards wanting to understand things that aren't obvious. So the fact that a picture has no value of beauty or other emotive reaction in me doesn't lead to a rejection of someone's posted work, as in this case. I realize that there's some image repeat here and a piano is obvious but it's hard to see it all at such a large size. You really should consider posting a smaller version. This picture has no detail such that it needs to be more than 600 pixels wide. At that size one can see it with white space around it on most monitors and therefore isolate it to be viewed and received optimally.

I just looked at it in photoshop at a reduced size and found that even then it didn't compel any interest. However, there's a lot of geography in your picture, so why does it seem so luck-luster to me? Looking at the levels shows that there's absolutely no image data brighter than 128. So levels 129-256 or empty. The image is flat. So I adjust the right limit of the image, and that made it more impressive but still no magnetic force. I did get a little improvement by using an S curve, but there's no more juice to squeeze out.

So now I come back to a fundamental question: did this image take your breath way or give you some splendid or agreeable experience? Am I just too tired to see some value in this?

I too combine images but most combinations that are not driven with a design in mind are pointless. Still some accidents can occur, like a gift from heaven. This isn't one of them.

I know this is harsh, but I feel you will allow me this as, IMHO, you might possibly be straying off your creative path here.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Rachel and Asher

I guess for me this has a "child idea of the magic of halloween" sleeepy eyed and of course just an innocent view upon wake from a dream- a kind of blurred awe and excitement-
I remember this as a child at Christmas- just like this but Christmas time- a reproduction if you will of that dream-if you look you can see lanterns and glitter and goblens all over around the glitter
and
no it may not have artistic value as say for my portfolio now still ongoing"
but it kind of came together as a memory so I risk" putting it together
hope that helps
sort of a fun excercise for me
thank you both for your wonderful comments
rachel- some say I try to play piano- LOL

Charlotte-

Charlotte Thompson

Rachel

this is me - keyboards 2 summers ago on the patio- taken by a friend who actually plays very well-everybody tolerates my efforts LOL

DSC_0762.jpg