• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Little Jackhammer

Dwayne Oakes

Thanks for taking a look !

p515368525-4.jpg

Dwayne Oakes: The Little Jackhammer

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
p515368525-4.jpg

Dwayne Oakes: The Little Jackhammer

As usual Dwayne,

I love the soft texture. Audubon would have thrown away his paints and followed you to learn your gentle approach. The most on the right side is a good tool to pull us that side of the image and the bird is just so beautifully drawn. Are those leaves between the large boughs of the tree and did you render them unimportant especially for this image presentation. I happen to think it's a good idea, but I'd still like to know.

Asher

Interesting image, Dwayne. My initial reaction was to think there was too much 'dead' space on the left side of the frame, but after letting the image sink in a little, I'm not sure I feel that way anymore. The wonderful texture of the wood seems to enhance the overall feel of the image, bringing the observer more fully into the world of the woodpecker.

I'll be interested in others' comments on this photo.

Ken Tanaka

pro member
I find the faux soft filter effect particularly distracting here. Dwayne I know that you have a thing about applying this effect like ketchup. Sometimes it's constructive (ex: some of your damp forest images, although a bit overdone) but sometimes it's destructive. Here it's the latter. This image is not about birds or trees. It's about contrasts in texture and form. The vaseline detracts from observing those relationships.

Just my opinion.