• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The Color of Character....

Am I making sense....... Does color have anything to do with Character ?
Why do some people "stand out" in a crowd ?

Or does this support the "don't judge a book by it's cover...." warning we sometimes forget....

119218185.jpg

Nigel Allan

Am I being dumb? I am not sure I understand you. Can you elaborate?

Having said that, I like the simplicity of this scene. It might have been interesting to see a black and white version with them silhouetted against the sea if you could get the angle to work, or maybe waited till one of them turned round to look another direction...just ideas which come to mind

I shot something years ago in Bahrain where a crowd was all staring one direction looking at a building on fire. I saw a small kid at the back and I called to him to catch his attention ...he turned round and I clicked, capturing him as the one person looking back at me. It made the shot more interesting

Nigel

I was wondering.....3 dressed in black, one in pink...

I don't know them at all, and they were way too far away to even try and get their attention (but your comment is noted).....so I wonder - how different, if at all, is the personality of the lady in pink vs that of her friends ?

Sort of leads to the question....When you get up in the morning, what sets the mood for the day....and what do you do to influence that.......? For some it is as simple as "That favourite pink number....."

Nigel Allan

OK I get you now. I didn't realise you were talking about their clothes. I was being dumb, sorry.

I suppose it could be a range of factors which govern this, some of which could be cultural or nothing more significant than fashion...maybe the in thing is for these kids to wear black mainly.

On the other hand, I am guessing these children could be Asian so I wonder if their parents and culture influence how they present themselves in public, however the one on the far right has a bright pink bikini underneath.

On a simplistic level I guess you would assume the one in the pink outer clothes was generally more outgoing and possibly more confident and willing to be different and stand out in a crowd

Hans Miedema

I like the idea you had in mind but the picture is a little too flat and soft IMHO
Would like to see more contrast and perhaaps a color boost...............
Just my 2 cents