• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Junk

fahim mohammed

p133525970.jpg

fahim mohammed

Good morning Nicolas, Mike.

Thank you for stopping by. This was something I saw on a ledge of a building in Leysin, with the sunlight
just as you see here. Maybe a discarded swiss chronometer, but I doubt it.

Regards.

Bernhard Rees

Very interesting light, texture, shapes and last but not least colors to discover in this picture. It takes a little while to find out about the many details presented but this is well invested time.

Bernhard

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Fahim,

I've been fascinated by this picture since you posted it as it reminded me of a photograph I'd seen before. Here it is.

original.jpg

Walt Conley: Abandoned Doorfrom the OPF collection of doors in Themes, here

Here the door in a Scottish castle, abandoned against the wall and light from a high window set a long shadow on the wall.

In both, the subject seems to be in a dungeon. The door indicating a passage from one part of life to another and the wheel suggesting a journey are broken down and they are only reminders of how temporary we are against time and the lifeless rocks that make up the universe.

Asher

Ruben Alfu

Love these images Fahim and Asher, they are great in every way. To me, the light not simply plays an utilitarian role, but becomes a protagonist in the picture.

fahim mohammed

bernhard, thanks for taking the time to see my photo. Indeed, I too keep coming back to it. I am
trying to find a photo of the full wheel.

Regards.

Very interesting light, texture, shapes and last but not least colors to discover in this picture. It takes a little while to find out about the many details presented but this is well invested time.

Bernhard

fahim mohammed

Asher, uncanny..just uncanny. I have to study you posting more thoroughly.

Best.

Fahim,

I've been fascinated by this picture since you posted it as it reminded me of a photograph I'd seen before. Here it is.

original.jpg

Walt Conley: Abandoned Doorfrom the OPF collection of doors in Themes, here

Here the door in a Scottish castle, abandoned against the wall and light from a high window set a long shadow on the wall.

In both, the subject seems to be in a dungeon. The door indicating a passage from one part of life to another and the wheel suggesting a journey are broken down and they are only reminders of how temporary we are against time and the lifeless rocks that make up the universe.

Asher