• Guide: Pictures are the best way of describing what is for sale. Please describe any nicks, defects, missing parts and if a lens or camera, source and serial number, if available.

The recycling of unused gear helps this community! Good luck!
  • This forum is for contributors with a track record of substantial posts on phottography. Post such as "great picture" don't count. We routinely soft-delete "for sale" posts from those who have not, as yet, really participated as described above.
  • Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Film: Dream 5X7 Darlot Petzval in fits Copal 3 Shutter (not included)

Jim Galli

Presto Change-O. This took some soul searching because once it's gone I'll never see one of these with all this lovely potential again.

9DarlotCopal3_1.jpg

Someone has spent a lot of time making these beautiful bushings to put this 8" Darlot Petzval into a Copal shutter perfectly so that the aperture is correctly placed and useable. We've all dreamed of cake and eat it too!

9DarlotCopal3_3.jpg

I must re-iterate that the shutter is not included. The complete excellent original lens with it's factory barrel, and the adapter bushings are included. YOU provide the Copal 3 shutter. Or if you wish for the Prontor in the pictures, add $400 to the total and I'll send it along too.

9DarlotCopal3_5.jpg

This will cover 5X7 and of course it will fit any small lens board that takes a Copal 3. It is 8" focus f5. Sweet sweet lens with lovely petzval signature.

9DarlotCopal3_4.jpg

Original brass flange is included. $435 no shutter, or $825 with the Prontor. You pay shipping.