• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Yecchh!

Steve Robinson

"This here grass is terrible," or "Darn ol' peanut butter!" Taken late in the day with a Pentax K20D and DA* 300mm f/4, 1/250 @ f/5.6, ISO 200.

712284099_BfCwF-XL.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
"This here grass is terrible," or "Darn ol' peanut butter!" Taken late in the day with a Pentax K20D and DA* 300mm f/4, 1/250 @ f/5.6, ISO 200.

712284099_BfCwF-XL.jpg

Steve,

I spent a lot of time with your wonderful photograph when it first appeared. I, of course wanted to see the entire antler rack. It's amazing how soft the covering of the antlers seem to be. What a bizarre way of choosing to select males for mating, fight with these and then discard them!

Did you manage to snag some wider angle shots too?

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Steve Robinson

As Requested

Here are a couple of more images of the bull elk. The first shot at the same time as the OP and the second in late September during rutting season.

Still in velvet.
720796355_ahuw4-O.jpg

During rut the velvet is now gone.
668245132_5T9jy-O.jpg