• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Yes, you have to work !

Hi,

Still another attempt with Canon G11 which seems to be a nice tool...

3255cb947c16087cc42f72dd95debad.jpg

Canon G11
RAW file processed in C1 Pro

Ken Tanaka

pro member
Interesting composition moment Cedric. There are several ways to interpret it, although yours would probably not have occurred to me. That enormous cantilevered overhang creates a dark halo, almost like a "flying saucer" landing, made particularly odd by the odd angle of the building to which it's attached.

The three men in sharp focus almost seem to be conspiring (although the trench coat fellow seems unrelated). It almost seems as if the woman's overheard them say something painful to her.

And so on.

That's probably a place I'd hang around for hours, or days to capture "street" images. Powerful possibilities in the stationary geometry, perhaps especially in sunlight.

Nice find.

(Yes, the G11 is a good improvement on the G10. I'm liking mine, although it is just a nudge bulkier and harder to pocket, eh.)

Nigel Allan

Cedric, as you know I love your work so maybe I am being dumb here - I don't get it, or at least I don't get how the title works with the picture.

Yes the shot is interesting as this almost looks like a hat on her and yes as Ken pointed out there is the potential for intrigue as a back story. But 'yes, you have to work!' refers to who exactly? I am not sure

Could you enlighten me as to what your own thought process is here so I can see what I am not seeing?

Hi,

Ken found a good story to link to this picture that i should call "Conspiracy" ;)

Original title was an allusion to the quite desperate face of the woman of the foreground : yes she has to go to work... Maybe a bad title found too quickly.

Regards,

Cedric.