• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Film: More from '84

Nigel Allan

Pentax LX, 50mm 1.4, ektachrome (100 or 200 ASA most likely). These are the deep colours of slide film without any digital enhancment.

I can't remember the occasion but just found this while looking at old trannies and thought it stood out for its 'immediacy', even though I never printed it at the time. You can see the strap of my other camera over her shoulder as I probably handed her my K2 loaded with black and white and asked her to hold it as I saw a 'colour' opportunity

Thanks for stopping by and looking and I hope you enjoy looking at my 'back catalogue' as much I as I do in rediscovering it and the joys of film

look.jpg

Nigel Allan: Elisabet, summer 1984, London

Prateek Dubey

Pentax LX, 50mm 1.4, ektachrome (100 or 200 ASA most likely). These are the deep colours of slide film without any digital enhancment.

I can't remember the occasion but just found this while looking at old trannies and thought it stood out for its 'immediacy', even though I never printed it at the time. You can see the strap of my other camera over her shoulder as I probably handed her my K2 loaded with black and white and asked her to hold it as I saw a 'colour' opportunity

Thanks for stopping by and looking and I hope you enjoy looking at my 'back catalogue' as much I as I do in rediscovering it and the joys of film

look.jpg

Nigel Allan: Elisabet, summer 1984, London

Hello Nigel,
There's an indefinable color flow to this image. I like the portrait being shot against the blue background. I don't think emulation of a digital file to match the colors of film can make it.
This picture deserves an interesting caption. Especially with the look sign in the background.

Nigel Allan

Thanks Prateek, I thought of that also but didn't want to sound pretentious or highbrow, but you're right. Do you have any suggestions? The obvious caption is 'LOOK'

Maybe we should start a thread each week with an image asking for suitable captions from people. I would happily put this or any of my images up for such a thing because sometimes a caption can be the icing on the cake of a good image...Asher and the Moderators..interesting idea?

(Asher and the Moderators is a great name for an indy rock band :) )