• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: The Guys

d990169f3d209b16ce3f2ca7b20f9ca.jpg

Rich Beaubien

Around my neck of the woods we call this getting "bagged." Looks a bit like a hip shot and the guy heard the shutter. I also amazed that there aren't any flare artifacts.

--Rich

Hi,

I was standing there, without any movement, headlong with my G11 using the LCD screen to keep the camera at the belt level... So people were asking themselves what i was doing... They seemed to believe i was filming with a video camera ! I'm glad to have caught this very particular look, and i can say i have passed most of the time further to treat digital noise on the picture : digicam is not a DSLR for sure !

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi,

I was standing there, without any movement, headlong with my G11 using the LCD screen to keep the camera at the belt level... So people were asking themselves what i was doing... They seemed to believe i was filming with a video camera ! I'm glad to have caught this very particular look, and i can say i have passed most of the time further to treat digital noise on the picture : digicam is not a DSLR for sure !
So Cedric,

The screen being movable is such an advantage. You certainly were able to defeat their natural suspicions.

Is this the Canon G11 digicam? If so, do you happen to know how it compares with the G10? I'm thinking of upgrading to get an extra stop of sensitivity in low light. I'd like 400 ISO to be pretty clean and noise free. The 10 is not that good at 400 ISO and above but still takes good pictures. It's just the work in post is more than I like!

Asher

Hi Asher,

Indeed, movable screen is really a great advantage in street photography, it allows one to stand immobile and to wait the good moment. I can't compare G11 with G10 as it is my first G ;) In fact, i didn't plan to buy G11 : it was a bargain, a guy sold its brand new one because he prefered wide-angle of Lumix LX3 so i bought it with a good price.

What i can say is that G11 has a good noise level but it is very sensitive to exposure : even at iso 80, it's hard to overexpose RAW files without increasing noise. Good exposure now is the rule to get great files !

Regard,

Cedric.

Michael Fontana

pro member
Bonjour Cedric

this photo as quite a lot of your others photos bring me some moves to mind; maybe from Jean Luc Godard or Truffaut out of the the serie of Film Noire; I think that one needs the dirt of noise, the effects of low contrast/reduced dynamic.

One part of might be your nearly infinite source of coulisses à a la défense, the other how you manage to use them spontaneously for your scenario and capture the hot moments.

I hear Eddie Constantin speaking!

Mike Shimwell

Bonjour Cedric

this photo as quite a lot of your others photos bring me some moves to mind; maybe from Jean Luc Godard or Truffaut out of the the serie of Film Noire; I think that one needs the dirt of noise, the effects of low contrast/reduced dynamic.

One part of might be your nearly infinite source of coulisses à a la défense, the other how you manage to use them spontaneously for your scenario and capture the hot moments.

I hear Eddie Constantin speaking!

You just need a flip screen for your M7 and your away then:)

Mike

Michael Fontana

pro member
Mike

I' m photographer and not a dentist or lawyer :)

Figure out that image beeing perfect in the sense of tecnique, all tones value, etc - you would have the impression of a add.

Mike Shimwell

Mike

I' m photographer and not a dentist or lawyer :)

Figure out that image beeing perfect in the sense of tecnique, all tones value, etc - you would have the impression of a add.

Michael, Cedric has an M7, but no screen as it shoots film - sorry just a moment's humour.

I'm afraid that don't understand the second half of your comment - can you explain a little.

Cheers

Mike

Michael Fontana

pro member
Mike

I'll give another try:

If Cédrics image would be technical perfect in terms of color accuracy - look at the skin of the guys, no yellow shift, etc, I would have thought it as a advertising.

I'm sure Cédric took the same amount of time to edit, as with a colorfull picture. He did - for that type of picture - the good edit.

Hope you understand it now....

Mike Shimwell

Hi Michael, yes, now I understand. You are right, it would lok just like an ad if technically perfect and shot of a medium format back:)

Mike