• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Laundry

Prateek Dubey

27650-fullsize.jpg

Prateek Dubey : Laundry

This photograph was taken on India's Independence day, the 15th of August. It was drizzling generously that day and I was roaming around seeing things happen in old Delhi. This is one example displaying the matter of fact in Indian existence. A rickshawpuller ( The guy who rides the tricycle, ferrying people), stopped right in the middle of the road, next to a handpump, disrobed and began washing his clothes. Later he proceeded to hang those clothes on the lines next to closed shops. I've been to this place before, but on a working day, so didn't notice the clothesline. The clothesline is always there, for people like this rickshawpuller to dry his clothes on...even on a rainy day.

Mike Shimwell

Hi Prateek

Another story from your home. Thanks for sharing. Your pictures are worth so much more with the stories you tell - it demonstrates that sometimes the picture alone is not sufficient to tell the tale, even though it may stand without words just as a picture.

You have a knack of collecting moments without the subjects often being aware.

Mike

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Prateek

Another story from your home. Thanks for sharing. Your pictures are worth so much more with the stories you tell - it demonstrates that sometimes the picture alone is not sufficient to tell the tale, even though it may stand without words just as a picture.

Mike

Thanks Mike for pointing this out and thanks Prateek for going against the aphorism that "A picture should speak for itself!" Here's an example where the picture stutters on its own but sings with the narrative.

So I applaud you , Prateek for giving us the structure on which to build our feelings and thoughts around this fascinating street scene of the the Rickshaw Pullers doing their laundry, just like that, in the open street!

Asher

Prateek Dubey

Hi Prateek

Mike

Hello Mike,
Thank you so much for your appreciation. I guess there is a certain emotional connect to events revolving around one's social system. This perhaps will not happen in more oraganized societies, but happens normally in India. That is its strong point. Compositionally and lighting wise it is merely a snapshot..

Prateek Dubey

Thanks Mike for pointing this out and thanks Prateek for going against the aphorism that "A picture should speak for itself!" Here's an example where the picture stutters on its own but sings with the narrative.

So I applaud you , Prateek for giving us the structure on which to build our feelings and thoughts around this fascinating street scene of the the Rickshaw Pullers doing their laundry, just like that, in the open street!

Asher

Thank you Asher..

Prateek,

Given a choice of story or no story, I will always vote for inclusion of the story.

I would like to point out that, for me, even without the story, this image is a technically excellent, beautiful peek at a slice of local life.

Thanks for sharing this.

Prateek Dubey

Prateek,

Given a choice of story or no story, I will always vote for inclusion of the story.

I would like to point out that, for me, even without the story, this image is a technically excellent, beautiful peek at a slice of local life.

Thanks for sharing this.

Thank you Mitchell.