• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Rush Hour

Prateek Dubey

26596-fullsize.jpg

Prateek Dubey : Rush Hour

Another instance of casualness in Indian life. Most railway crossings are manned and have a hefty barricade to stop motor traffic, but by design space is left under the bars ( seems like a conspiracy) from under which cyclists, scooterists etc can with some effort can make through. Accidents happen, but things go on as usual...
These guys are Sikhs, called 'sardarji's' in local parlance. The guy in front has a piece of cloth tied on his face. This is kept to keep his long beard in place. The beard is gelled with a special glue. So while the glue does its job, the cloth remains.
Funnily the scooter is called 'eterno'!!

Hi Prateek,

Another great image and narrative. Thanks for sharing a glimpse of a different culture.

I wonder, were the colors not interesting enough to warrant a color rendering? I think colors tell so much more about cultures/regions...

Cheers,
Bart

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
26596-fullsize.jpg

Prateek Dubey : Rush Hour

Here, Bart,

The colors removed, we are faced with just the shapes and the physical reality of the risks the men casually take. It's those behaviors, so readily taken by so many of us that help to characterize us in a way sometimes very differently from what we'd likely experience in vivid color. Here that seduction is removed. It becomes more clinical and more worrisome at the same time.

Still, I'd love to see the color now to know whether or not what I've been saying here has validity!

Asher

Prateek Dubey

Hi Prateek,

Another great image and narrative. Thanks for sharing a glimps of a different culture.

I wonder, were the colors not interesting enough to warrant a color rendering? I think colors tell so much more about cultures/regions...

Cheers,
Bart

Hello Bart,
The pillion rider is wearing an ugly blue T-shirt. I thought it was taking more than giving to the picture. So I removed the color...

fahim mohammed

Prateek, as others have already mentioned, you are bringing to us a cross section of a rich, colorful and
a very diversant culture; one that is as engaging as it is different. Moreover, your composition and narratives add much more to the understanding that I can bring to bear on your beautiful country and
its people.

I am taking notes as I study your subject matter as areas to explore during my upcoming trip to
India. I, however, intend to visit Southern India primarily and then into Sri lanka and the Maldives.

Your photographs want me to go now!

Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Prateek Dubey

Prateek, as others have already mentioned, you are bringing to us a cross section of a rich, colorful and
a very diversant culture; one that is as engaging as it is different. Moreover, your composition and narratives add much more to the understanding that I can bring to bear on your beautiful country and
its people.

I am taking notes as I study your subject matter as areas to explore during my upcoming trip to
India. I, however, intend to visit Southern India primarily and then into Sri lanka and the Maldives.

Your photographs want me to go now!

Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Hello Fahim,
Thank you for stopping by. Which states of south India do you intend to visit? By any chance is Orissa a part of your itinerary? It has some very famous temples, including the sun temple of Konark . The sun temple has some fabulous erotica!Though its not in the south ( its in the east). And if you're visiting Kerala, don't miss the Kathakali dance. Let me assure you, wherever you go you'll have enough to take pictures of..