• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Konica M -Hexanon 50/1.2

fahim mohammed

Would appreciate any performance advice of this lens on film and/or digital M cameras. Good/bad/ugly?
Comparisons with a Noctilux 50/1 would be really helpful.

Thanks.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Would appreciate any performance advice of this lens on film and/or digital M cameras. Good/bad/ugly?
Comparisons with a Noctilux 50/1 would be really helpful.
Fahim,

I know this was a special anniversary lens made in small quantities and is reported to be stellar. There was a great review on this lens about 15 years ago and I was impressed then. If you can get it, I'd have confidence, by reputation that it's very worthy for your trust.

Asher

fahim mohammed

Asher, thanks for the input. I prefer to put this question here rather than on some other forum/s as
I trust the input from people such as you to be of more value and accuracy to me.

Now let's see if this guy will part with his lens for a not too exorbitant a price.

Take care.

fahim mohammed

Asher, got it a couple of weeks ago. BIG! vs the leica. made a few snapshots, f/1.2 is dead on. Let me
just play with it and shall post some pics later. It is precise, focussing and aperture stops. Not silky
smooth as you know those by who!

Best.

Fahim,

I know this was a special anniversary lens made in small quantities and is reported to be stellar. There was a great review on this lens about 15 years ago and I was impressed then. If you can get it, I'd have confidence, by reputation that it's very worthy for your trust.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher, got it a couple of weeks ago. BIG! vs the leica. made a few snapshots, f/1.2 is dead on. Let me
just play with it and shall post some pics later. It is precise, focussing and aperture stops. Not silky
smooth as you know those by who!

Fahim,

What great news! This is a special gem. It's rare and really worth obtaining to actually use. I now consider myself an owner of the lens, by virtue of your acquisition! Shoot happily!

Which camera will you use it with? Film, the M8 or the M9 or all of the above?

Asher

fahim mohammed

Thanks Asher. All lenses are capable of much more than someone like me.

I intend to use it on the film Ms and the M8. I do not have the M9; I shall sit it out.

Regards.

Fahim,

What great news! This is a special gem. It's rare and really worth obtaining to actually use. I now consider myself an owner of the lens, by virtue of your acquisition! Shoot happily!

Which camera will you use it with? Film, the M8 or the M9 or all of the above?

Asher

Mike Shimwell

Hi Fahim

I hope you enjoy it. All accounts suggest it's something pretty special, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your pictures.

Of course, I suspect htat your pictures will continue to be as appealing as they already are...

Mike

fahim mohammed

Right now, palm trees and the like are the only things available to me!

And you, sir, are too generous for which I am grateful.

Best.

Hi Fahim

I hope you enjoy it. All accounts suggest it's something pretty special, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of your pictures.

Of course, I suspect htat your pictures will continue to be as appealing as they already are...

Mike