• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Petrol monkey

Hans Miedema

At the jetty of Sonara,Limbe Cameroon 2009

aap-01.jpg

An interesting combination of subject matter, to say the least! Clever title.

As for the image itself, I'm a little uncertain of the intent - is this more of a social or political statement (intrusion of civilization into the domain of nature, or something along those lines)? I generally would prefer to see the monkey's face and eyes if this were primarily a nature photo, but this could be less important if this is not the intent.

The 'ominous clouds' could contribute to a social statement photo, along with the ghostly towers (?) in the left background.

Some details about how and why you took and posted this photo would be of much interest.

Thanks for sharing!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
"Look at me!"

At the jetty of Sonara,Limbe Cameroon 2009

aap-01.jpg

Hans Miedema: Petrol Monkey

Hans,

Wow, I missed this! Don is right, this is indeed interesting! more so today when we realize that environmentalists are not just naive and sentimental tree huggers.

After the BP fiasco n the Gulf of Mexico, is this picture a gentle stimulus for thinking how fragile we are in the face of engineering of the planet by humans and nature itself.

Now, the monkey on the oil pipe seems to be saying, "Look at me on the edge of extinction!"

Asher