• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Corine blue tints

Shot with the Elinchrom Quadras as mainlightsource.
I tried some different tonings and postprocessing and wonder which one YOU like the most.

Model : Corine

Corine_9_December_2009_quadra_workshop_20.jpg

Corine_9_December_2009_quadra_workshop_4.jpg

Corine_9_December_2009_quadra_workshop_68.jpg

Corine_9_December_2009_quadra_workshop_78.jpg

Greetings,
Frank

also follow me on twitter on www.twitter.com/frankdoorhof for backstage photos, tips, videos etc.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I tried some different tonings and postprocessing and wonder which one YOU like the most.

Corine_9_December_2009_quadra_workshop_78.jpg

Frank Doorhof: Corine Blue Tints 4

Here Frank,

I had to disobey your rules. First a love all 4. I really like the way Corine is lit but also the background giving a good complement to the dress and look. But there's freshness too. By the time we come to #4 we see Corine in a bold striped dress, a n interesting eye catcher silver ering to match the striking bold dress and the folds around her pelvis. Here, we only need her lips. There's so much interest below, that just her lips, so well lit and the earrings are all there is needed to balance the angular sensouous quick attraction of her dress. Do the top of her head had to go. We only need to see what is essential to conveying the concept and we already get 100 10 percent with Corines 95% showing. Also not showing the rest of her head adds a mystery and we want to see what we cannot.

Corine_9_December_2009_quadra_workshop_78Crop copy.jpg

Frank Doorhof: Corine Blue Tints 4 Edited AK out of passion for stripes

So allow me the impulse of passion. I usually ask permission, but tonight I'm acting on impulse for blue zebra curvy stripes, womanly glossy lips and alluring earrings and trust you might allow my excesses this once! Otherwise, # 2 with her seeming inquisitiveness has a genuine feeling of a girl one might really be lucky enough to meet. She's ready for a sophisticated date; for a coffee and a boat ride on the Seine as a start! In fact, add in the Louvre and make the boat ride with dinner at night. But that time has passed and that was then and this is now so I have to go with # 4 and then someone else will have to by her coffee!

Asher

Hi Frank,

No's 1 & 2 have my preference.

I'm not fond of green or magenta casts. Green wreaks havoc on healthy skin tones, and magenta is a non-natural color (unlikely mix of light from opposite sides of the spectrum), IMHO of course ;-)
However, if you want to evoke (odd) emotions, then these odd color casts are a good way of achieving that.

Cheers,
Bart

Thanks Bart much appreciated.
Somehow I love the color toning s of some older film stock and I try to mix that a bit too my own style. I try to make however a mix of something new :D

Thanks Bart much appreciated.
Somehow I love the color toning s of some older film stock and I try to mix that a bit too my own style. I try to make however a mix of something new :D

Hi Frank,

You are correct, the yellow/green version does remind me a bit of somewhat faded material. So if that's the effect you're after, mission accomplished. As a technically oriented guy (not your typical target audience) I cringe at things that were not properly stored to protect against decay, so that explains my (dis)liking.

Cheers,
Bart