• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Eagle takes off......

Eric Diller

Male watching the nest from the adjacent tree. Both Eagles are taking turns sitting on the eggs (due date around 1-13-10)...

Tried to get a little motion blur on the wings for movement........

PIC_8129copy.jpg

PIC_8130copy.jpg

PIC_8131copy.jpg

PIC_8075.jpg

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all!!

Jaime Johnson

Nice - I've been shooting eagles for the past two weeks - I have a ifficult time getting them to fly towards me! You did good! ; )

Gorgeous! As Jaime points out, more often than not, birds are flying away from our cameras - it's great to have them coming towards us!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
As always your Eagle pictures are fascinating and so impressive; in fact awesome. The claws are those of a devil. Simple no chance of escape.

A simple question. Is the take off with a massive thrust from the thighs or is it more the power of the wings? After all, the wings need some air movement to get lift.

Asher

Eaglets being fed must be seen here

Last edited:

Eric Diller

The pictures are impressive, in fact awesome. The claws are those of a devil. Simple no chance of escape.

A simple question. Is the take off with a massive thrust from the thighs or is it more the power of the wings? After all, the wings need some air movement to get lift.

Asher

Asher..As you know I have been following this pair for my second year. I feel I know them on a personal level (LOL). The power in there wings are unbelievable. Most of the time I see little thrust from their legs, mostly all wing take off.
Should have some nice inflights soon with some ducks hanging from those Talons as the Eaglets approach birth in a few more weeks.

John Angulat

pro member
As always, beautifully captured!
I envy not only your talent for wildlife photography, but also the opportunities you have to make these great images.
Number 3 is particularly superb!
What a magnificent creature!