• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A Week on the Lake

Roger Lambert

Just thought I would share some snapshots with you all from a few weeks ago. My wife and I spent one week in a rented cottage on Lake Champlain in Vermont.

Besides us were Carin, an old college friend (we realized to our enormous chagrin that they had met each other 35 (!) years ago), Carins' beau, Tom, and two friends of theirs we had never met before, Jacquline and Eric.

Nothing particularly remarkable here photographically, but I thought it would be fun to share some views of Vermont. :)

The cabin faced west, so there were some pretty spectacular sunsets to be seen from the deck
67231057.jpg

medium.jpg
67226973.jpg

More pix of the week, below in next message. :)

Roger Lambert

The cast of characters:
Carin and Tom
large.jpg

My wife, Annie
large.jpg

Eric with Tom
67231014.jpg

And, Jacqueline
67556283.jpg

It was a great week. The weather cooperated beautifully, we had lots of great food, drink, and conversation, and plenty of peace and quiet. Despite haveing friends pop over most days. :)

Roger Lambert

We kept pretty busy with swimming and hiking fishing, kayaking. Got buzzed by a powered hanglider
67247658.jpg

67445414.jpg

and by a pesky seaplane - he came by nearly everyday!
large.jpg

But, relaxation was also on the agenda as often as possible, of course. This is of my friend Kevin, who visited with his wife one afternoon
67377978.jpg

Roger Lambert

Oh, yes, the house came with a ping pong table too
67231028.jpg

67231044.jpg

We were in a place called Keeler Bay. The road to the camp was vry rural. There was a field with a gourmet selection , if you will, of several breeds of cows, all exotic to Vermont. Here is one of them - I don't know the breed, but it certainly has long hair and wicked looking horns. Scottish?
67445483.jpg

Vermont has had a lot of rain this spring, and crops have been delayed by a month. This is the first haying of the year ( first week of September), although it should have been the second.
67445492.jpg

Roger Lambert

We made a little excursion to see the Lippizaner Stallions. They are an internationally traveled troupe of majestic white horses that are highly trained performers, doing spectacular synchronized rearings and steppings. Their training takes seven years before thay can perform.

It turns out that they spend their summers just a few miles from where we were staying. We didn't get to see them perform, but saw them on their final afternoon before they all moved south for the winter. What gorgeous animals!
67373780.jpg

67377998.jpg

67373788.jpg

67445474.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Roger,

Well you're a poor judge of your own pictures! I see several really special shots.

I think we should use your post in a number of ways. You gave me some ideas. We'll have some new challenges. from them. Not just yet! We have some others ready to start.

The people pictures are especially interesting.

Asher

Roger Lambert

We also made a little trip down the road to visit a State fish hatchery. That was pretty interesting. Lake Champlain is very large -- 100 miles long, and contains just about every freshwater species of fish in North America. Mostly, the hatchery develops trout and salmon for release into streams and rivers.

Trout in their tank
67556287.jpg

A life size model of a sturgeon - they can get ten feet long in the Lake!
67546584.jpg

And, finally, one last sunset picture, this time from dockside :)

67226972.jpg