• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Office Block

Paul Abbott

A solitary office block in the business district of Leadenhall, London.

towerblocklamp1of1bor500.jpg

Office Space - Paul Abbott

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A solitary office block in the business district of Leadenhall, London.

towerblocklamp1of1bor500.jpg

Office Space - Paul Abbott

Very, very well done!
The inclusion of the street lamp gives a great sense of perspective.
Love the image!

Well, John,

A agree with you that the inclusion decision helps make the picture. But I think there's more to this. There's actually a relationship here. Light shoots out from a lamp and light enters into a building so there can be life there. These are masculine and feminine attributes, so I believe Paul, even unknowingly, has buttressed his composition with the force of sexual tension. That may not really be far fetched as after all it's one of the primal hardwired drives and sensibilities we all have.

There seems to be yet another mythological force behind the image's simple power. It's the hand of David ready to send a stone to the head of Goliath!

@ Paul,

I'm impressed. I like the starkness but why do you seem to choose to have no sky? There's no introduction to your work, but I wonder? Is it London's sky or some emptiness of modern society that you seek to show?

Asher

Last edited:

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Paul!
Hmmm I like that simplicity!
SImplicity is one of the most difficult thing to achieve.
A high classy shot…

Paul Abbott

Fahim, Asher, Nicolas, I appreciate your comments.

Asher, the sky was intended this way to show off the shape and solitary nature of the building, and its spatiality within the square frame. Fortunately, there was hardly any detail in the sky, it was an overcast day.

I'm not sure about modern society being empty, but it does lack commonsense.

Hi Paul,

I really like your serial of square B&W shots about offices and professionnal buildings.
However, I'd like to see them in one global portfolio, did you plan to set an exhibit or something like that ?

Cedric.

Paul Abbott

Hi Paul,

I really like your serial of square B&W shots about offices and professionnal buildings.
However, I'd like to see them in one global portfolio, did you plan to set an exhibit or something like that ?

Cedric.

Thanks, Cedric.

I've not thought much about it, Cedric. I think a chance would be a fine thing.
Some of these images are up on my wall, I guess thats the only place where they'll be exhibited. Although if they're considered good enough, I would very much like to exhibit them. :)