• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

African Daisies

Paul Abbott

This is a subject I rarely shoot, or have the chance too. I found these along a Thames towpath while on my rounds.

africandaisy700.jpg

Paul Abbott - Osteospermum, African Daisy

Charlotte Thompson

Paul

Iike your work a lot

but this
does not move me

maybe look deeper=
is there a flower/flowers that says something

I have a friend{male} that looks so deep into flowers
actually I love portraits but he has taught me much from humans/ and all things alive-
look

we are all alive

the picture is so-so- and please forgive me -- my opinion

focus is great! I am as well trying* I don't know a lot-

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Paul,

Since it's not a building, I need some company for this picture of natural life. I like it but would love to see more from the walk. From a walk one should have more flowers!!

Asher

janet Smith

pro member
Hi Paul

I really like this, as you know flowers are my subject, but I rarely convert to b&w, I think it works really well here and is perfectly suited to these Osteospermums. Well done!

Paul Abbott

Thanks for your replies.

Charlotte, no worries. In this shot there is nothing much to be said other than form, light and texture. Personally for me, my eyes dart from each flower head just like a bee would, never leaving the scene.

Just the one shot i'm afraid, Asher. There was no other.

Thanks, Janet. I've always considered flowers to work well in B&W, they hold a lot of texture, tones and form for this reason alone, I guess. :)