• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dusseldorf boot messe

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Asher
I don't go there to shoot but to show!

But if anyone wishes to do so as Bart or Cem did last year, they are more than welcome!
we do have good Bordeaux wine or expressos (depending of time and tastes ;-)

Andreas Schmidt

Hello!

Nice idea, I will go there some day next week (to crowded on weekend I think). But it depends a bit on "result" of business meeting rest of this day
icon6.gif

Andreas

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hello!

Nice idea, I will go there some day next week (to crowded on weekend I think). But it depends a bit on "result" of business meeting rest of this day
icon6.gif

Andreas

I hope you visit. You will be most impressed with Nicolas' large prints. It's a very special experience! Also, BTW, he's not a bad chap too! but don't let him hear that!

Asher

Andreas Schmidt

Back home - meeting was very nice, what I want to say: no additional work to be finished until last week :)
So I plan to go to DUS next week, probably on Thursday. Someone else?

Andreas

Cem_Usakligil

Back home - meeting was very nice, what I want to say: no additional work to be finished until last week :)
So I plan to go to DUS next week, probably on Thursday. Someone else?

Andreas
I'll try to go there, perhaps again with Bart; but I don't know for sure yet and on which day is also uncertain. But it is good to keep the Thursday as a target day in mind.

Cheers,

here we are !

Hi Nicolas,

It's looking great, from a distance, although the effect of last year's "walk stopping" multiple square metres image was fun to watch (people stopping in the walkways to admire your imagery). I assume you and Romain are taking care of the Claris presence ... I'd like visiting when it's convenient for you guys (it's only approx. 1 hour 15 minutes from where I live, and one can drive pretty fast in Germany... ).

Cheers,
Bart

nicolas claris

I Bart
the wow factor is important but now many other stand (including one facing us) are showing large peictures with more less (often less) good quality) we wanted to show a bit more the diversity of our work (sail, motorboats, interiors). We have to catch the eye of the industrial and some private owners, the public in general aren't our target (they are our client's target!)

Come when ever it's convenient for you, we have no special meeting, customers may come next minute our next day… so it is quite impossible to make any planning previsions…

Will be glad to see you once more and to show you our book with new interior shots ;-) and of course our new video presentation made by Romain!

nicolas claris

I'll try to go there, perhaps again with Bart; but I don't know for sure yet and on which day is also uncertain. But it is good to keep the Thursday as a target day in mind.

Cheers,

Hi guys
sorry, but Thursday looks very busy day for me (I have already some appointments made fro that day) and I really want to be able to share some good time with you all…

Kind regards

Andreas Schmidt

Nicolas, I'm quite flexible as I see now - so I switched to Wednesday. Tomorrow and Friday is not possible (OK, flexible??? - where are the smileys...).

All the best, Andreas

Asher Kelman

Nicolas,

My congratulations on such a splendid display and substantial booth. Do you have a local company assemble the booth from your prints? I wish you a great lot of interest and follow-though at the show!

Asher

nicolas claris

Hi Asher
This is a "collective" French village organized by the French Federation of the Nautical Industry (I am an elected member of the board of this national association, I am representing the superyacht part of the French yachting industry).
Th entire village has been designed with my collaboration and built by an International stand builder company.
Then some of the booths (including mine) have been adapted and finished by stand builder company based in Bordeaux (most of these stands/booths are from our clients and we do have participate to their conception (as for sme othe stands in the superyacht AND yacht halls…
In our stand, behind the wall where the video monitor stands, there's a full 'mess' of computers and HD reading systems and brochures and promotionnal material stocks as well.

So far this is year is the best show we've done and we have still to go until Sunday evening.

Yesterday we have made an oral agreement (needs to be definitively set by a written one) for complete worldwide communication and marketing strategy and marketing tools for a major actor in the yachting industry (as opposed to superyacht (boats above 80 feet /24 meters long)... and for a German boat yard as well.

:)

Hi Nicolas,

It was nice meeting you again, today.

When I walked around a bit in Hall 6 afterwards, together with Andreas, I came across this impressive view (it's the bow of a huge ship, for those who are wondering):
Boot2010_2583_S.jpg

Cheers,
Bart

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Nicolas,

When I walked around a bit in Hall 6 afterwards, together with Andreas, I came across this impressive view (it's the bow of a huge ship, for those who are wondering):
Boot2010_2583_S.jpg

Cheers,
Bart
Great image, certainly an eye catcher. I like the symmetry and the level of detail/abstraction. BTW, was this that huge boat in the middle of the hall, with the word "Espresso" printed across the bridge hull? If so, I also took a snapshot of it with my G9 :).

Cheers,

Great image, certainly an eye catcher. I like the symmetry and the level of detail/abstraction. BTW, was this that huge boat in the middle of the hall, with the word "Espresso" printed across the bridge hull? If so, I also took a snapshot of it with my G9 :).

Hi Cem,

I'm not sure about the name, although from a more distant shot it looks like the Espresso, but since it was such a big ship it might have draw your attention as well. Here is a wider view of the ship with some people as scale reference:
Boot2010_2580_S.jpg

Cheers,
Bart

nicolas claris

Hi Bart, Cem (and Hanny!) and Andreas
thanks for visiting me during the show, it was nice to chat a little bit though my time was a bit "counted"…

Yes Cem, I can confirm, Bart' nice shot is Expresso (that's the boat name BTW).

Dusseldorf is now completely under snow and this white atmosphere is reall cold but exotic to me !

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Cem,

I'm not sure about the name, although from a more distant shot it looks like the Espresso, but since it was such a big ship it might have draw your attention as well. Here is a wider view of the ship with some people as scale reference:
Boot2010_2580_S.jpg

Cheers,
Bart

...Yes Cem, I can confirm, Bart' nice shot is Expresso (that's the boat name BTW).
Indeed, it is the same boat. Here is the snap pano of it I took with the G9.

d11499.jpg

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

Hi Nicolas,

Boot2010_2583_S.jpg

Bart,

Thank goodness you went to see our friend Nicolas! This is a superb shot of a magnificent craft. Im in awe of the architects, builders, Nicolas for being in this world and being, in your shoes through your picture!

Asher

nicolas claris

Show is over since last night and I drive back to Bordeaux today (10 hours if everything goes well…).
It has been quite a good show. Some very good contacts have been made, but need further validation and confirmation… … …

Yesterday as I was visiting a client on another stand, an OPFer went and we couldn't meet!
He saw Marine and the on wall prints, but didn't left any name for me to know…

So, hidden OPFer who are you ? ;-D