• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Dell U2711, Anandtech.com review

Anandtech.com recently reviewed the Dell U2711, and for the price, although it uses a florescent backlight, it seems like a decent if not excellent choice for professional image editing: http://www.anandtech.com/mobile/showdoc.aspx?i=3725

At this point, Deep Color support seems a little bit ahead of its time, but this monitor seems to tick off all the checkboxes on my list and then some, how about yours?

- 27" with 2560x1440 (WQHD) resolution (ie, sharp!)
- 102% color gamut (based on the CIE 1931 standard)

• - 12-bit internal color processing with the ability to output 30-bit color* (ie, Deep Color)
    - DisplayPort, HDMI, two dual-link DVI
    - $1050 MSRP (not bad, thats about what you'd pay for a 24" NEC 2490WUXi2)

*Although there appears to be some typos in the article, I think these specs are correct