• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

How ?

b0d8305c36a1ac6319932aa5cad011d.jpg

Mike Shimwell

Ho do I cross the road? How do I get in?

I too like this Cedric - it is consistent with your oterh work and would attract me as I passed. The city is your theme.

Mike

Cem_Usakligil

With Cedric's permission, I took the liberty of interpreting this image as follows. A bit of a highlight on the graffiti "how?", a bit of a local contrast enhancement, B&W conversion and a slight vignetting added.

cm_how.jpg

How? - Cedric Massoulier (edit by CU)

Cheers,

Hi Cem,

Your version is interesting because it drives the eye towards the graffiti which becomes visible and central.

In colored version, it's hard to see it first.

Regards,

Cedric.

Michael Fontana

pro member
Yes, Cédric, I gree..
I prefer the color version though - that looks to me having enough abstraction, and making it b&W is not adding anything.

A good one for your urban-serie, with a nice feeling of space.

Paul Abbott

I really like this image of yours, Cedric. Its well spotted and composed, I love all the angles of lines too, 'how' indeed.
The B&W version is by far the best for me, and is well suited to this type of image.

Yes, Cédric, I gree..
I prefer the color version though - that looks to me having enough abstraction, and making it b&W is not adding anything.

A good one for your urban-serie, with a nice feeling of space.

Hi Cedric,

I agree with Michael, I also prefer your colour version to Cem's (admittedly tempting) B&W version. All it takes is a subtle accentuation of the "How".

It indeed represents your style of photography.

Cheers,
Bart

I also prefer the colour version, but the idea of lightening the area around the "how" might work in colour too. Probably depends on how obvious you want to be.

Christoph