• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Brook Trout

Not exactly a natural setting but I love the colors of a native Brook trout.Yes the fish was returned right after the barbless hook was removed.

Brookie.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Michael,

This is an interesting juxtaposition of repeating textures based on small units, scales on the fish and the pattern of the material on which it's laid out. I was going to say "resting" but I'm not sure how it feels. Do you think the fish is really fully awake at this time and I wonder how long does it take before they must be put back in the water so as not to give it a big hangover?

I'd never throw my dinner back in the water! Once I got it, well then finders keepers. Oh, sharks I do cut lose!

Asher

He's been in the net about 10-15 seconds when the image is taken.I'm accomplished at doing this particular shot.Brook trout are protected in Maryland,can't keep 'em anymore.Don't understand why there's millions of them.Ought to protect the water they live in which is disappearing fast.

Here's a Brown Trout in the same predicament.Not quite as detailed or sharp as the other shot.

Fish.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Not exactly a natural setting but I love the colors of a native Brook trout.Yes the fish was returned right after the barbless hook was removed.

Brookie.jpg
Michael,

This first one reminds of textures and colors of chain mail and heraldry of Norman England with Knights astride armored horses.

black-coif.jpg

The added red in your picture is so dramatic!

Asher

Don't remember what I did post on that one.All I have is iPhoto '05.I usually just click "enhance".Mabybe I did nothing,wild brookies are really that vivid in May/June.Not a big fan of digital but that could change.ya never know.