• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

African Violets

Steve Robinson

The weather been pretty dismal outside so I decided to try a macro inside. The dreary snowy weather made for some decent available light to illuminate the violets. Pentax K20D + SMC M 100mm f/4 Macro, 4s @ f/22, ISO 100.

782332844_KZQ25-O.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The weather been pretty dismal outside so I decided to try a macro inside. The dreary snowy weather made for some decent available light to illuminate the violets. Pentax K20D + SMC M 100mm f/4 Macro, 4s @ f/22, ISO 100.

782332844_KZQ25-O.jpg

would have argued against anything more than f 8.0. Obviously what is blurred by the small aperture is not being resolved by the sensor and you have very sharp details. I'm so impressed. This fits n with one of my sayings, "Don't "think", try instead!"

This s a most remarkable and original composition with a sense of the yellow hands that holds the sword.

Kudos to you and mother nature!

Another win for color photography!
Asher

I've copied the posts to the special thread on color here as this is so unusual, no one would believe it if we didn't show it.

Paul Abbott

Steve, its great to see you shooting with a k20D, I do too! Just lately i've made my mind up to buy the Pentax 35mm F2.8 Limited macro lens, this monday.

I take it this is the Pentax M lens your using here. Great to see you using it.

Steve Robinson

Thanks Paul. There are a few Pentaxians around. I like the K20D and I also have the DA 35 f/2.8 Macro Limited. You'll love it. It is very sharp and I think it renders color the way the older Pentax lenses do. I also like the classic 50mm FOV too. I sometimes take only the 35 out for a minimalist experience. I have some sample images here.

Paul Abbott

Thanks very much for showing me them Steve, appreciate it.

I have just bought a mint and pristine PENTAX-A 50mm F1.7 lens (75mm), with a 1yr warranty off Ebay, too.

Cheers.

Steve Robinson

Congrats on your nifty fifty. I have an A 50 f/2, M 50 f/2, M 50 f/1.7, S-M-C Takumar 50 f/1.4, and a Super Takumar 55 f/1.8. I can't seem to get rid of anything not that I really want to. ;~)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Congrats on your nifty fifty. I have an A 50 f/2, M 50 f/2, M 50 f/1.7, S-M-C Takumar 50 f/1.4, and a Super Takumar 55 f/1.8. I can't seem to get rid of anything not that I really want to. ;~)

Does the old 1.5 50mm SMCT work well with the new digital K10D and K20D bodies?

I love the Pentax glass!

Asher

Steve Robinson

Yes, the Super and S-M-C Taks work just fine with a K10D or K20D. The auto stop down feature (A/M switch) works fine too. I shoot in manual, use the green button to meter the exposure and keep an eye on the histogram.