• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Sparrow In The Brush

Dwayne Oakes

Thanks for taking a look !

p18912660-4.jpg

Dwayne Oakes: Sparrow In The Brush

Take care,

Dwayne Oakes

Last edited by a moderator:

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Dwayne,
All too often a photographer develops a unique style that becomes his or her "trademark".
The initial offerings are interesting, the remaining become expected, almost boring.
I compliment you for escaping from that genre.
You have managed to create gems with each image you present.
Each image is captivating and a lovely work of visual art.
Well done!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks for taking a look !

p18912660-4.jpg

Dwayne Oakes: Sparrow In The Brush

What I especially like is the choice of tree the sparrow chose. The layers of variegated bark, are just a great touch for your picture. The presentation, as is your wont, is soft and delicate. I enjoy every one of your images, even this one, although it almost rises to the level of picture postcard prettiness. The wisps of indistinctness caused by out of focus stray twigs and grass, save the picture from that fate.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you very much for the kind words everyone ! I appreciate it !

Take care,
Dwayne Oakes

Hi Dwayne,

You say, "Take care" and that's always nice.

You have probably typed less words per image posted than almost anyone. Although folk like to say a picture should speak for itself, we love introductions, setting the stage for an artist's work. We like to know why it's posted, what the photographer thinks about the work and so forth. Come to think of it, curators for exhibits in museums work for a year or more preparing the text and audio that will introduce and explain the individual works and the entire collection.

However, here, gradually, without much typing, you are accruing a small crowd of other photographers who are getting to appreciate you work and realize its merits. It's to both your credit and to the quality of the forum that this is occurring and I for one celebrate when this happens.

Kudos,

Asher