PDA

View Full Version : Critique Desired: Watching the world go by

Cem_Usakligil
February 17th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Hi,

Thanks for looking. C&C will be appreciated, as usual.

http://cem.usakligil.com/img/f/o/f18425.jpg
Watching the world go by - 1

Cheers,

Cem_Usakligil
February 17th, 2010, 02:29 PM
And the second image....

http://cem.usakligil.com/img/f/o/f18424.jpg
Watching the world go by - 2

Cheers,

Bart_van_der_Wolf
February 17th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Watching the world go by

Hi Cem,

That's a great theme! Also a nice coincidence that they do it together with a pet.

Cheers,
Bart

Cem_Usakligil
February 17th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Hi Cem,

That's a great theme! Also a nice coincidence that they do it together with a pet.

Cheers,
Bart
Indeed! That is why these pics belong together. :-)

Cheers,

Asher Kelman
February 17th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Hi Cem,

Cheers,
Bart
Bart,

That's the thing, it's only a coincidence since both views appealed to Cem! It's more of the case that Cem's extending his strong concept of portals and there now is the luxury of specializing in a common motif, the window, observer and an animal companion. Despite the pet, we get the feeling of the person being rather isolated from human contact. Without the pet, this would not have been so strong.

Asher

Cem_Usakligil
February 17th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Bart,

That's the thing, it's only a coincidence since both views appealed to Cem! It's more of the case that Cem's extending his strong concept of portals and there now is the luxury of specializing in a common motif, the window, observer and an animal companion. Despite the pet, we get the feeling of the person being rather isolated from human contact. Without the pet, this would not have been so strong.

Asher
Hi Asher,

You are quite right. The very first image has appealed to me because of the melancholic look of the boy and how he held his cat in his arms. It was a very strong motif, also considering the specific light and the feeling of isolation. I have decided to take a picture almost immediately when I saw this scene. The second one was a conscious effort on my part to find a similar image so that I could start to build up a small series on this theme. The ambiguous feelings and self imagined stories with which one can come up (by looking at these pictures) is a common aspect of both this theme and my portals series.

Cheers,