• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Happy New Year!

John Angulat

pro member
Prior to meeting up with Asher yesterday, I wandered down to Chinatown.
The annual New Year's parade was in my sights and I hoped to bump elbows with a few dragons...

As with most public events there's always a lost child to contend with.
This cutie became separated from her mom. She was so cool.
She walked up to a police officer standing next to me, tugged on his arm and simply said "I'm lost".
After much chatter on the radios, her mom was located in about 15 minutes (how the heck they found her so quick was amazing). The little gal got to walk the length of the parade route, the police got a round of applause!

JA3_2626sm.jpg

Crowd control was of the utmost importance! You know how those kids can get out of control!

JA3_2635sm.jpg

Of course there were colorful floats...

JA3_2667sm.jpg

The confetti cannons were a hit. Asher must've thought it a bit strange when confetti kept falling from me later in the day!

JA3_2670sm.jpg

...and of course there were dragons!!!! But that's for a later post, as I've seemed to reach the 4 image limit!

All in all a fine day!
Thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruben Alfu

Parades in Chinatown are big fun, you have captured the energy of the event very well John, great photos, now release the dragons!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Prior to meeting up with Asher yesterday, I wandered down to Chinatown.
The annual New Year's parade was in my sights and I hoped to bump elbows with a few dragons...

As with most public events there's always a lost child to contend with.
This cutie became separated from her mom. She was so cool.
She walked up to a police officer standing next to me, tugged on his arm and simply said "I'm lost".
After much chatter on the radios, her mom was located in about 15 minutes (how the heck they found her so quick was amazing). The little gal got to walk the length of the parade route, the police got a round of applause!

JA3_2626sm.jpg

John,

This simple picture is the happiest "lost child" photo I've seen. So simple, with no tears but still poignant when one has the introduction. What a smart young lady to know to go to the officers and not to someone else! I wish you'd have gotten the cheers too. Perhaps there are more expressions on the faces on the right that are worth revealing?

Asher