• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Male Snail Kite.......

Eric Diller

Out on the boat (Lake Kissimmee) looking for the endangered Snail Kite...and we found one. as you can see this Male has been banded for research by FWC.

Tough shooting hand held with a big lens on a rocking bass boat!! But I will get the hang of it!!

PIC_5101.jpg

PIC_4835.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool shots, Eric, of a beautiful raptor! Shooting from a boat is definitely a challenge, but looks like you were up to it!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
;92827 said:
Out on the boat (Lake Kissimmee) looking for the endangered Snail Kite...and we found one. as you can see this Male has been banded for research by FWC.

Tough shooting hand held with a big lens on a rocking bass boat!! But I will get the hang of it!!

PIC_5101.jpg

Eric Diller: Male Snail Kite

Eric,

This is a wonderful bird as Janet points out. The grey with the infiltration of brown and rust is particularly attractive. The detail here is excellent. You got your money's worth! I wonder whether Audubon every got hold of one of these? You are brave taking such an expensive and heavy lens on a boat. I think of Nicolas Claris using the 600 mm lens in a chase boat! Did you get other pictures especially of any young birds.

Asher​

Steve Robinson

Eric, you're definitely developing the knack of shooting from a boat. I hope your gear is insured against accidental drowning. ;~D BTW, there's a fellow who travels to Alaska to shoot whales with a Pentax 250-600 zoom from a kayak!