• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: The Beating Part 1

Prateek Dubey

r224992-fullsize.jpg

Prateek Dubey : The beating - Part 1

This is one of the pictures relating to the beating ritual of Holi. Photographing it was a challenge and also a matter of luck. The women were really swinging it. I was holding the camera in one hand over the lady's head and my remote flash in another, so focus, composition etc was purely coincidental. Besides that there's a lot of jostling going around in the narrow streets. But I enjoyed it very much. I'm going there again...

PS : This is the ritual part of it but there are ample real whacks given to guys. I couldn't capture very good samples of that but I'll share whatever I have..
The guys have sheilds made of leather and re-enforced with bamboo in the bottom. The sticks land with a lot of force and many men flinch at each blow, and many try to get out of it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Prateek Dubey

224992-fullsize.jpg

Prateek Dubey : The beating - Part 1

This is one of the pictures relating to the beating ritual of Holi. Photographing it was a challenge and also a matter of luck. The women were really swinging it. I was holding the camera in one hand over the lady's head and my remote flash in another, so focus, composition etc was purely coincidental. Besides that there's a lot of jostling going around in the narrow streets. But I enjoyed it very much. I'm going there again...

PS : This is the ritual part of it but there are ample real whacks given to guys. I couldn't capture very good samples of that but I'll share whatever I have..
The guys have sheilds made of leather and re-enforced with bamboo in the bottom. The sticks land with a lot of force and many men flinch at each blow, and many try to get out of it...

r224992-fullsize.jpg