• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Grizzly Lovers

Jaime Johnson

http://jaimejohnson.zenfolio.com/
Canon 1D Mark III / Canon 500mm f4L
p401750190-4.jpg

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Jaime,
Beautiful shot of a tender moment (if grizzlies do, in fact have "tender moments").
They seem so calm and tranquil. Such a contrast to their awesome power and might.
I envy the surroundings you're privileged call home.
Well done!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Jaime,
Beautiful shot of a tender moment (if grizzlies do, in fact have "tender moments").
They seem so calm and tranquil. Such a contrast to their awesome power and might.
I envy the surroundings you're privileged call home.
Well done!

John,

I think it's likely that they do have tender moments. They are pretty social in their family groupings but territorial when salmon fishing as I'd be too!

Jaime,

I like this picture as something is happening that we as humans seem to be able to relate to instantly. Besides that, there's an interesting chance occurrence of a family of direction brush strokes of texture from the fur and the grasses, each with a related array of colors. So the photograph rises above the kind of picture where one can only say, there, I have the head of the bear perfectly in focus to here's a compelling composition and part of a story that we might want to continue to ask questions about, as John has done, for years to come.

Kudos to you Jaime. This is the first bear picture that might even be better in B&W!

Asher

Steve Robinson

The 'moment' is a treasured image captured by a wildlife photographer. Great work Jaime. I'm headed back to Yellowstone on 3/14 if you're going to be around.