• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Barbie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Please critique my pictures. I would like to improve faster in my portraits.

I agree that this picture is delightful. Good lighting and pose. The question I might have, and this goes in to a matter of taste and style, is whether one deals with blemishes and facial hairs.

This picture, with the angle, brings out natural folds and creases. Again this is a matter of taste, but I think that limiting the density of the skin creases, might be a thing to consider.

Did you smooth the skin?

Asher

Lemuel Reyes

I agree that this picture is delightful. Good lighting and pose. The question I might have, and this goes in to a matter of taste and style, is whether one deals with blemishes and facial hairs.
I did not smoothen out the skin on this picture and also did not remove any blemishes. I was aiming for an unedited look. But as you pointed out, the facial hairs are distracting.

This picture, with the angle, brings out natural folds and creases. Again this is a matter of taste, but I think that limiting the density of the skin creases, might be a thing to consider.

Did you smooth the skin?

Asher
Yes. I smoothened the skin on the second picture.
Now that you pointed it out, I notice her right cheek (left from our point of view) looks thick. I guess I didn't really flatter her on this shot.

Thank you for your observations and critiques.