• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

St. Martin's Through the Glass

Paul Abbott

stmartinsinthefield1of1700.jpg

Paul Abbott St. Martin's in the Field, London '10

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
stmartinsinthefield1of1700.jpg

Paul Abbott St. Martin's in the Field, London '10

Paul,

If I was in a gallery and saw this, I might think, hmm, that reminds me of the photography of Paul Abbott, even if it would be a year or two from now! Ken could list other competitors I guess. I'd be interested if there's someone who's work inspires you in your own efforts.

Good job!

Asher

Paul Abbott

Thanks, guys.

Fahim, i'm surprised you know of this place. Did you reside here in London at some point? I'm unaware of any radio programmes, but I can imagine the church here having a slot on the radio. What did they talk about?

Asher, i've known about this location for some time, the light on this occasion was better than I had ever seen it before.
Influences? I don't have any photographers who inspire me to do this sort of thing, i'm unaware of any. The only photographer whose work I really really admire is Lee Friedlander, this guy to me is genius. Some of Lee's work is abstract I have to admit, so I guess it may come from him.

Most of the time I end up putting my work down a lot, I do get critical with myself bigtime. I guess its why I post on here hoping someone else will like it. I'm always looking out for inspiration elsewhere and wanting to take a different kind of picture to what I normally do, but I always revert back to this sort of thing.

John Angulat

pro member
...Most of the time I end up putting my work down a lot, I do get critical with myself bigtime. I guess its why I post on here hoping someone else will like it. I'm always looking out for inspiration elsewhere and wanting to take a different kind of picture to what I normally do, but I always revert back to this sort of thing.

Paul, you're a talented photographer and I know you know that.
What's with this "hope" stuff???? Don't be so hard on yourself.
This image, along with so many others you have shared with us, is wonderful.
You're not "reverting", it's a personal style you are comfortable with (and talented at producing too!)

fahim mohammed

Hi Paul,

I lived in the U.K for over ten years. 'A" levels to Postgraduate. London, Warwick, B'Ham. Then Joined
Phillips in Eindhoven, but based in Malmesbury/St. Mary Cray. Most of my youth was expended in Chelsea
Just over from King's Rd in Sloane Square..during the best times I had.

BBC radio 4 ( or could be 2 ) had a program of classical music/ chamber music from St. Martins in the fields ( most days or was it Sundays...don't remember ! ).

My family was getting impatient with my absence, and some special friends in the UK were getting
impatient with my indecision....

I left for home and visit the UK often now...I guess some parts of me still live there in Dracott ave.

Regards.