• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Enhancing OPF: Post for sharing for fun, Critique and even editing clarified.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have come to realize that being enthusiastic to critique "everything" is not at all useful when it also invaded peoples sense of sovereignty. There are some pictures shown just for fun, to say, just look at this.

Other times we really want serious critique and then there are occasions where we'd welcome other ideas on actually editing the work to make it more effective.

So, for now, I am offering the following distinct categories:

1. Sharing for fun, no C&C:

2. Critique Desired:

3. C&C Desired, edit & repost O.K.

Setting these boundaries will help us devote C&C to where it's really needed the most. Of course, posts with no prefix are assumed to be for C&C unless otherwise stated. Feel free to send me feedback, but let's just see if it works and then we can modify things, a tad, as the need arises.

Thanks for your support,

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

I have come to realize that being enthusiastic to critique "everything" is not at all useful when it also invaded peoples sense of sovereignty. There are some pictures shown just for fun, to say, just look at this.

Other times we really want serious critique and then there are occasions where we'd welcome other ideas on actually editing the work to make it more effective.

So, for now, I am offering the following distinct categories:

Is this whole thing a Saturday Night Live joke?

But, playing along, I think I'd like:

Critique of color balance OK but not focus or cropping.

Best regards,

Doug

Damien Paul

I am glad of this - as there are a lot of people (myself included) who post some (not all) pictures just as a 'hey, come have a look at this'.

Critiquing should always be the decision of the photographer, and it should always be respected.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am glad of this - as there are a lot of people (myself included) who post some (not all) pictures just as a 'hey, come have a look at this'.

Critiquing should always be the decision of the photographer, and it should always be respected.
Well, the word is getting out and the "Fun" prefix" should help people just share without being serious and getting more than they bargained for!

Thanks for sharing you ideas!

Asher