• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Because it is there!

fahim mohammed

The time is getting near. She has been preparing hard..very hard on the swiss-french and swiss-italian
border.

The first hurdle is to get her certificate. Then the route, the face, and the time has to be finalised. Once the certificate is obtained from the relevant authorities ( if ! ) we have to arrange for insurance, medivac etc. the finer details. And finally the finance. we have been with a world class trainer and guide who knows each crevice and stone on both these rocks by feel in the dark!

We believe it could be this year or next..depending on the climbing certificate class and the medicals before the ascent.

Mont Blanc or the Matterhorn... One on One.

p300939450.jpg

The training has been arduous. More to come. Rock and ice...Rock and ice.

p207950060.jpg

Why? because it is there and as she says ' it is never too late '.

Let the adventure begin.

Mike Shimwell

Fahim

You must be a remarkable man for such a remarkable woman to have married you!

I stopped climbing some years ago and I would be pleased if you would pass on my most heartfelt respect and best wishes.

Mike

fahim mohammed

thanks Mike. Shall pass on your message.

Re: marrying me...the others were no contest!

Regards.

Fahim

You must be a remarkable man for such a remarkable woman to have married you!

I stopped climbing some years ago and I would be pleased if you would pass on my most heartfelt respect and best wishes.

Mike

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Fahim,

This is simply amazing, I have utter respect for Ayesha and also for you in supporting her unconditionally. I am sure she will succeed.

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The time is getting near. She has been preparing hard..very hard on the swiss-french and swiss-italian
border.

The first hurdle is to get her certificate. Then the route, the face, and the time has to be finalised. Once the certificate is obtained from the relevant authorities ( if ! ) we have to arrange for insurance, medivac etc. the finer details. And finally the finance. we have been with a world class trainer and guide who knows each crevice and stone on both these rocks by feel in the dark!

We believe it could be this year or next..depending on the climbing certificate class and the medicals before the ascent.

Mont Blanc or the Matterhorn... One on One.

p300939450.jpg

The training has been arduous. More to come. Rock and ice...Rock and ice.

p207950060.jpg

Why? because it is there and as she says ' it is never too late '.

Let the adventure begin.

This Fahim,

Is far more important that even Ayesha might imagine. It goes beyond her free sprit, ability to take on challenges and responsibility. It goes the the heart of human relationships, trust in each other, respect for skill and training and then humility before one's fellow man and the heavens. Her climb is a metaphor for all I have challenged, debated and advocated all my life.

Women, so valued for beauty and childbearing and home-making, (and I'm the biggest fan, I admit it), have the same ability to shape the human destiny as men. So many women are at present disenfranchised and under-served with opportunities. So this success of Ayesha in her quests to be able to even try to conquer peaks is the exceptional example showing something far beyond herself in importance. I hope that young girls around the world, in rural schools and villages will know of such valiant women who can climb as far as they will and even to the very sky. How can we let then know of this? After all, it's these new young women who will nurture and inspire the next generation of men!

Thanks for sharing. This is inspirational.

Asher

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Fahim,
Thanks for continuing to share Ayesha’s challenges and adventures with us.
The images tell us so much more than the trials and tribulations she must encounter.
They offer us a deeper glimpse into a relationship, built over the years, of love and admiration for a life’s partner.
To feel such pride is a joy and certainly a blessing.

Hi Fahim,

I ask myself for a long time about you and your wife : is it your job to travel everywhere in the world and to try plenty of wonderful activities and places ? :)

Regards,

Cedric.

fahim mohammed

John, it is a pleasure to share certain personal moments with friends.

regards.

Hi Fahim,
Thanks for continuing to share Ayesha’s challenges and adventures with us.
The images tell us so much more than the trials and tribulations she must encounter.
They offer us a deeper glimpse into a relationship, built over the years, of love and admiration for a life’s partner.
To feel such pride is a joy and certainly a blessing.