• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The thrill of victory...

Nill Toulme

...and the agony of defeat. That's the story of the playoffs.

Which version works better?

100512-WA-SPXvg-334_std.jpg

100512-WA-SPXvg-335_std.jpg

Nill

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Nill,

It's wonderful to be there when kids rejoice like this. Things occur so fast that it's hard to get all the reactions in one go. So there's more on faces in the back and then in the front. I'd consider blending the two. Sent a PM.

Asher

Nill Toulme

Yes, human interest does win out... the faces make the shot, don't they. I like the "design" of the first one better, which is why I asked the question. The blue players make a nice strong diagonal in the first shot, the two spread hands echo each other nicely, and the 3 on the far left player is framed better. But the shot is about nothing other than human emotion, and the second one expresses it far better than the first.

Blending them, hmmm...

Nill

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Nill for allowing me to blend your energetic images.

love to work with kids that perform at the very edge of their best. It's inspiring to see coaches, teachers and parents guide them to work together as a team and to value each player individually. Today, there's also an emphasis on healthy attitudes, enabling kids to take defeats as part of the learning process to tackle life's barriers to their goals and nothing is mean to come easily.

Here we just say a moment of great joy and relief that it all pad off, but I look at this group of players and know how much work and devotion it takes with parents schlepping their kids through traffic and wrangling other responsibilities to get their kid to practice. It doesn't just "happen"!

I thought there are parts that each of your two pictures that contributed to a feelng of a vctory celebration.

I tried combining the best from each:

100512-WA-SPXvg-335_std blend.jpg

Nill Toulme: The Joy of Victory & Agony of Defeat

I hope this shows a little more of the pulse of the event!

Asher

Hi,

I personally prefer pic #1 : i like these two repeating profiles in the above third, the smiling one on the left and the ashamed one on the right. Its is more symbolic when pic #2 is more centered on girl's happiness.

Cedric.