• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

small pepper

Valentin Arfire

hello my friends

here is a picture of a Habaneros small pepper and I'm curious on your opinion of it (of course I'm asking of the picture because it would be strange to ask of culinary opinions on a photography forum)

monochrome

small_habanerosmono.jpg

color

small_habaneros.jpg

and the link to the large picture

mono

http://valentin.europhoto.ro/transfer/habaneros/habanerosmono.jpg

and color

http://valentin.europhoto.ro/transfer/habaneros/habaneros.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy brown

Hi Valentin, I'll comment on the pic, It's good.I prefer the colour version.
Now I'll comment on the chillie. I love chillies, I love them hot but far out, the first time I tried a harbanero (one of the orange ones) my lips were like a couple of inner tubes, they were hanging down to my chest.
I still eat them but I do an extremely fine dice and add them to my salsa, they have awesome flavour and heat. Serious heat.

I've got a pic of a bhut jolokia kicking around somewhere. One of the first ones in Australia. Hot?,....errr yeah!

Ruben Alfu

Hello Valentin ,

I like it, it's fresh, fun and arty. For me, this photo has to be in color, that's the most significant feature in the composition and it works very well: the red spot in a sea of green.

The white blurred bars in the bg throw me off a bit, perhaps an even shallower DOF could make them less prominent?

Prateek Dubey

Hello Valentine,
Is that the chilli which you're trying to show? But there are too many distracting visual elements . The red color is the one to watch out for. So in my opinion you need to crop the image to make the chilli stand out.
In India there is a chilli sauce called the 'Sannatta'. Sannatta is a hindi word for pin drop silence. Once you eat it, you're shocked into temporary deafness. Its made of very small green chillies found in West Bengal. The chilli is called 'Dhani Longka'.
Prateek

Valentin Arfire

thank you for the kind words and ideas
the late afternoon light was filtered by the leaves of a nut tree, so at ISO 100 I have used quite a long time - 1/6 sec at 2.8 stop; the lines in the back are actually a bench in the garden when I took the shot (by the way is now impossible since my friend Cristi and his wife Simona just had assassinated the pepper; among tears and sweat he swore he feels good after having about a quarter of it; I declined).