• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

LF: Owens Valley Girls

Jim Galli

OwensValleyCowsS.jpg

owens valley girls

Done on full plate film with a Pinkham Smith 15" Semi Achromatic

Oh quit complaining. Somebody had to do it!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jim,

I know how you come by the lenses. You leave bundles of green notes for the little green men that come to your stable in Tonepah. But your plates? Tell me how just how do you get them!

Are each hand coated glass and what the learning curve?

Asher

Jim Galli

Jim

That looks like a genuinely old picture! The softness in the trees particularly.

Mike

That's because it was taken by a genuinely OLD photgrapher with a genny old camera and lens.

Jim,

I know how you come by the lenses. You leave bundles of green notes for the little green men that come to your stable in Tonepah. But your plates? Tell me how just how do you get them!

Are each hand coated glass and what the learning curve?

Asher

Full plate is shorthand for 6 1/2 X 8 1/2", but I just use film. Cut down Adox 100 in this case. Nothing special.

The softness is via the Pinkham & Smith lens.

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Jim,
I am always amazed at the scale to which you work.
The effort to pull these great images from the equipment you use is beyond my comprehension.
...and you end your reply to Asher with "...nothing special" ???
NOT!