• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Flying bird photos

Bev Sampson

From Ding Darling, Sannibel Island, FL

flying osprey

68272414.jpg

almost flying roseate spoonbill

41396488.jpg

snow or white pelican

68265037.jpg

Bev

Last edited:

Mary Bull

Bev, I am utterly enchanted!

These are so great. Beautiful detail, beautiful colors, and lovely composition.

Mary

Bev Sampson

Thank you Mary. I did, however, post the wrong photo for the osprey. I have one that is cropped better and sharpened a little more. I guess once one posts an image here, they cannot move it or change it in their home page host. Is that correct?

Bev

Beautiful images, Bev. I especially love the Spoonbill shot - just fantastic!
You should be able to change the source of the link at your website, since that is the image is being hosted. As Moderator, I can also edit the post for you.
Also, the Wildlife Forum is now separate from the Landscape/Travel. Unless you object, I'll go ahead and move this thread there.

Don Lashier

Bev Sampson said:
Thank you Mary. I did, however, post the wrong photo for the osprey. I have one that is cropped better and sharpened a little more. I guess once one posts an image here, they cannot move it or change it in their home page host. Is that correct?
No, you can change the image at will as long as you name it the same so the url doesn't change.

I particularly like the spoonbill - great image.

- DL

Bev Sampson

Don Cohen, thank you for your kind comments. Please move to the proper forum. I will try to repost just the osprey. Wish me luck.

Don Lashier, also a big thank you to you for your kind comments.

The birds at Ding Darling have diminished since hurricane Charley. We will be returning to FL in about 6 weeks and my fingers are crossed for more birds this season.

Bev

Mary Bull

Bev, I'm glad you got help about putting up the pic you prefer, and also with moving to the Wildlife forum.

Don't forget, that if you have difficulty putting the preferred picture with the old URL, Don Cohen also said he can edit the post for you and substitute the picture you intended to post.

I hope you will find many birds still waiting for you at Ding Darling, when you go down to Florida next month.

Mary

Bev Sampson

I did upload a corrected copy of the osprey but it has not replaced the original osprey image. Should it? Or do I need to send it in a new post.

UPDATE: I did fix it to reflect the corrected photo. Every thing is OK now.

1. I edited my original post in this thread and deleted the first osprey photo.
2. I then copied the url from pbase for the correct photo.
3. I plugged the new url into my original post.

Bev

Last edited:

Mary Bull

Bev, if Pbase is like Flickr, the host site puts a different linking URL with each new picture.

Ask Don Cohen to edit the image for you. See if he'll let you e-mail it to him as a jpeg, and he can make the switch, I think.

Mary