• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

"Flame On"

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Not really a soft focus lens, but a 0.75/50mm highspeed one, and not visible light
(too bad I can't post in higher resolution, as the pbase downsampling destroyes that
smooth background)

large.jpg

charlie chipman

Klaus,

I have always enjoyed this one of yours.
The aberrational glow that surrounds flower is just intriguing and the colours are lovely.

It is nice to see you here, Klaus has been a big help for me in my explorations of UV/IR photography for some years now. Thanks.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Not really a soft focus lens, but a 0.75/50mm highspeed one, and not visible light
(too bad I can't post in higher resolution, as the pbase downsampling destroyes that
smooth background)

large.jpg

Klaus,

For all the degradation you mention, I find this highly impressive, educational and interesting. I enjoy being challenged to see things in new ways. It might well be that for the insects, there is indeed a halo of light surrounding the flower. We don not understand, AFAIK, the rankings of different aspects of insect perception. After all, the sense of smell is also likely 3 dimensional and likely fused with the visual image.

It's wonderful to have this experience so different from the images we see again and again. This resets our brains!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Thanks Charlie + Asher! I'm happy that you'll able to enjoy such unusual shots.

Kalus,

It's so important that we are presented with alternate views on seeing things. We need to have a larger stock of reference tools than the glamor pictures, retouched skin and sentimental landscapes. Like Cedric Massoulier, (with his Park bench and two couples, here) and Paul Abbott('s stark over tall crucifix reflected in water), you challenge us with images that at first might be utterly awkward but in really open up new opportunities of thinking about our relationships.

Thanks!

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Thanks Asher. Indeed I try to show some "new perspectives" and to open up
for new ways of seeing the world. Thanks for encouraging me and my work.

Asher Kelman

Thanks Asher. Indeed I try to show some "new perspectives" and to open up
for new ways of seeing the world. Thanks for encouraging me and my work.

Klaus,

The "Open" in OPF is to signify you can freely come and go without paying and without being an expert. This is about pathways to perfect expression of intent. Openness to ideas is the mark of the best cultures and is hard for some to take!

Asher

Asher Kelman

That is actually what drew me in here and members like Jim Galli whose works I respect.

I hope you might look at the work of others like Mike fontana, Mike spinak, Bart Van der Wolf, Paul Abbott, Cedric Massoulier and Ken Tanaka, (to name a just a few out of many here), and see how your mind works on those very individual artists. Feedback is the valuable payment that makes the commerce of ideas here.

Asher

Dr Klaus Schmitt

Thanks for directing me Asher, I will most certainly have a look at their works as I appreciated to learn from others us much as I can! Ken Tanaka's works I know a few already.