• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

bbq at the park

this was a very candid shot of a young relative of mine at BBq at the park. I do mostly candid shots because you always seem to get the most emotion out of a subject if they aren't thinking about it. Well thats not true with lil kids though they're always full of emotion. This young boy was running at me and my camera. i got three exposures and this seemed to be the best of the three. I'm at work so i can't look up all the details of the shot. the first shot was with a D90 w18-105mm kit lense. shot in manual. The second shot was a candid shot at a local fair.

4845585630_51ba93faaf_b.jpg

4844968115_9c4cfc7edb_b.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This young boy was running at me and my camera. i got three exposures and this seemed to be the best of the three. I'm at work so i can't look up all the details of the shot. the first shot was with a D90 w18-105mm kit lense. shot in manual.

4845585630_51ba93faaf_b.jpg

Jake,

This shot has ia good relationship between the child and the photographer. It's so real and we feel a life force behind the face. I like this as a portrait.

The second shot was a candid shot at a local fair.#2

4844968115_9c4cfc7edb_b.jpg

This picture is far more subtle. I'd try to carefully add some detail to the skin to see if it's possible to get some texture. Also increase the saturation very minimally and sharpen the eyes.

Asher

Last edited:

fahim mohammed

Hi Jake,

A warm welcome to you on behalf of OPF. Those are two fine photographs attached to introduce yourself.

Jump in. The water's good!!

Regards.