• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Nadine

A few from today
Some will recognise the stairs from last weeks session, it's the new stairs for the second floor in our studio and somehow I thought I needed to shoot another series on it :D

Nadine_27_Augustus_2010_103.jpg

Nadine_27_Augustus_2010_93.jpg

Nadine_27_Augustus_2010_91.jpg

Nadine_27_Augustus_2010_55.jpg

MvrGr.
Frank

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Frank,

Nadine is so great with your wonderful lighting. I sure like your generous use of darkness rolling into light.

I will enjoy everyone one and you are an inspiration for me to move to more dramatic lighting.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Nadine_27_Augustus_2010_55.jpg

Frank Doorhhof: Nadine

Nadine's pose is so interesting. Yes it'd been done before and likely it's taught in modeling schools. But here it works so well and she's so gentle in here tease, and almost really shy!

I do question the presentation of her calf so detailed and perhaps drawing too much unsubtle attention from her face. It's not necessary, in this case for such specific drawing of the beautiful legs with hard shadows. This is also made more severe than needed by not allowing a sliver of light to draw the dress in a track that unites the pictures. So I think this picture while my favorite as is, might, perhaps, still be moved up a notch in impact.

Thanks for sharing such beauty and talent from both of you!

Asher

Main light with this was a gridded striplight so the intention was to make the light really low and limited, in other words, almost let her be one with the background.
I could have made her step one step forward and add a small rimlight, but in this case it would take away from the idea :D

On the other shots, we're experimenting with the Lighttools eggcrates on the Elinchrom Deep Octa and the Chimera strip, so those lights were used for all other shots.
It gives an amazing almost spot like effect but still incredibly "deep octa" in appearance. So I love it :D