• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Bird Pictures

Jeremy Waller

This is the best one can do during the break in the storm. Trying to photograph the local birds through a window with the camera pointing through a gap in the curtains.:

Dove_0901_resize.jpg

This bird is a "Top Knpt Pigeon" - That's what we call them.

Miner_0927_resize.jpg

This bird is a "Noisy Miner? bird and spends a lot of time sipping nectar. This Miner bird is not to be confused with the Indian Mynah.

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This is the best one can do during the break in the storm. Trying to photograph the local birds through a window with the camera pointing through a gap in the curtains.:

Dove_0901_resize.jpg

This bird is a "Top Knpt Pigeon" - That's what we call them.

Miner_0927_resize.jpg

This bird is a "Noisy Miner? bird and spends a lot of time sipping nectar. This Miner bird is not to be confused with the Indian Mynah.

Jeremy,

t's amazing how a set of stones, the pattern in your picture can bring back a memory of an incident of years back.

When I was in Boston, we had paving stones like that besides our cutleaf weeping willow. The birds were mostly bluejays and thrushes, not exotic like yours. I had been holding my 2 year old son to see the giant 50 ft crane in our garden take down a magnificent elm tree which had Dutch Elm disease. Well, I went inside to escape my neighbor asking me once more, "Do you ever go to work?", LOL! As a scientist, I had to think! That was my job!

Anyway, I was called back to the house 30 minutes later. The crane toppled over, cut through my silver birch where I'd been standing and shredding the wooden fence, crushed my neighbors ford Explorer long bed 2ft feet into the ground!

He refused to pay me rent for that month! Needless to say, the birds didn't return for weeks!

Asher

Jeremy Waller

Hi Asher,

Here is a pic of our tree that just crashed down too:

storm.jpg

Yes it does not take many cues and the memories return - Does one ever forget anything?

Jeremy

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Asher,

Here is a pic of our tree that just crashed down too:

storm.jpg

Sorry about you tree! I hope nothing was damaged! What a mess!

Yes it does not take many cues and the memories return - Does one ever forget anything?

Jeremy,

Well Jeremy,

We do remember everything but the brain tries to clear things out from higher levels, using all the information according to significance for primordial, cultural and learned needs and preferences. If not, we'd have information overload. The brain cannot thrive without a constant input of data to be cataloged. There's disorientation and confusion and ultimately deterioration.

So when we look at or experience anything, there's a huge reference library to draw on to compare, contrast and no the value or risk of everything we experience. T

hat's where art comes in. It plays with our libraries in the cathedral of our minds. what we get out of it depends on whether or not the library counter is adequately staffed that day, LOL! Look at the thread on the context of pictures we observe and how that can influence our immediate response.

Asher