• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Picture books for children

Mary Bull

Since we were discussing *The Little Engine That Could* in another thread a day or two ago, I wanted to tell about a delightful new children's book that my sister in Texas just now sent me.

She got it at her school book fair--actually the teacher-friend to whom she gave a print of my take of a Siamese cat (see Autumn Visitor in the Pet's Corner forum) found it there first.

The name of it is *Skippy Jon Jones* and it's about a Siamese kitten who masquerades as a Chihuaha and how his mother deals with his identity fantasies. Marvelous art work and text to make you laugh out loud, it's so well-paced and witty.

Author/illustrator is Judy Schachner.

If you get a chance to have a look at it, let me know if it tickles you as much as it did me.

Looks like a great read-aloud book, for parents (or grandparents) and children to enjoy together.

Mary

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Mary,

Does it have photographs in the book? That would be interesting to see how it was printed.

Otherwise, it might be helpful to provide the to which this connects.

Asher

Mary Bull

Skippyjon Jones, a children's picture-book

Asher Kelman said:
Mary,

Does it have photographs in the book? That would be interesting to see how it was printed.
They are paintings. Very rich and imaginatively composed paintings, every page full, with only a small space above and below for the text of the story.

The copy I have is a Scholastic Book Club edition and doesn't mention manufacturing details. I have ordered six more, editions of the original publisher, from Amazon.com--to give as gifts--and those may tell printing info.

For sure, someone had to photograph those paintings in order to print them!

Otherwise, it might be helpful to provide the to which this connects.
Do you mean where we were discussing *The Little Engine That Could*?

That's the "I Can't" -- A Photographer's Phrase From Hell! by Michael Brown, OP October 10, 2006, 10:09 p.m., in the Layback Cafe.

http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11172#post11172

A very serious discussion, but Michael used a reminiscence of *The Little Engine That Could* in one of his replies at,

http://www.openphotographyforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11207#post11207

Mary