• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: Temple in Parsem, Goa

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
Temple of Goddess Bhagwati in Parsem, Goa.

parsem-temple.jpg

For more images in the series, see Pastoral Parsem.

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Rajan,
Very interesting image.
I also very much enjoyed the other images you provided in the link.
Nicely done!
...and thanks for providing a lead to Alister Miranda's essay - quite enlightening!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Temple of Goddess Bhagwati in Parsem, Goa.

parsem-temple.jpg

For more images in the series, see Pastoral Parsem.

I am impressed with the quality of the image. This is the value of your 24mm TSE II; stitched? This picture is remarkably rectilinear, grand and disturbing. The important towers at each side draw us away from the center and the grand decorate "groundway" leads to closed iron gates. It's as if the path to salvation is closed.

Perhaps the design is optimized for a grand procession or the throngs of crowds coming in to celebrate a festival. Then the center would take over and the whole scene must be electrifying!

Asher

Rajan Parrikar

pro member
Asher,

It is a single shot with the TSE24 II. It is a remarkable lens (as is the TSE 17).

Although the structure is beautiful, it has been retouched with concrete, as opposed to the traditional lime used in old Goan houses (see the other temple in the series).

One technical point: the lighting was such that if you carefully look at the two towers, the right one is a shade cooler than the one on the left. I wanted to correct it in post but forgot about it!

Martin & John - glad you guys liked it.