• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

In Perspective, Fun: A Cross Section of My Studio and Available Light Work for you to Download!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Folk may wonder what kind of photography I do and have questions on how to such work might be approached. Well, I serve as the artistic photographer for The Colburn School of Music, http://colburnschool.edu. I hope you like my website design :) The lettering, and polish is by Corky Retson our Graphic Designer. Enjoy the pictures and also, if you are in the area visit for a performance!

Screen shot 2010-10-04 at 10.12.20 AM.jpg

Screen shot 2010-10-04 at 10.19.14 AM.jpg

Asher Kelman, Photography, Corky Retson, Graphic Design: The Colburn School of Music 2010/11 Calendar - Excerpts

You can download the complete PDF of The Colburn School Calendar of Performances and Events here. All pictures except the ballet dancer in black on the right, which I have reservations about, are mine. (The latter I am not sure about and will have to check).

This gives an overview of the range of my photography, from posed portraits and shots during playing in my studio to stage pictures and architecture. I hope this gives you an idea of how much fun I have!

Asher :)

Last edited:
This gives an overview of the range of my photography, from posed portraits and shots during playing in my studio to stage pictures and architecture. I hope this gives you an idea of how much fun I have!

Hi Asher,

You've got a nice collection of impressions. Well done.

Cheers,
Bart

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

What an exquisite work. Hearty congratulations (and to Corky, too).

My own favorite is December 23 (we have seen that before).

We continue to be thrilled by your work with the Colburn. It is a platform that has supported so many avenues of investigation into subject, composition, technique, the relationship between the twin wonders, music and the visual arts, the wondrous potential and spirit of young people, even engineering, and so much more.

Thanks for sharing so much of your adventure with us.

Best regards,

Doug

Cem_Usakligil

congrats...

Hi Asher,
You've got a nice collection of impressions. Well done.

Hi, Asher,

What an exquisite work. Hearty congratulations (and to Corky, too).

My own favorite is December 23 (we have seen that before).

We continue to be thrilled by your work with the Colburn. It is a platform that has supported so many avenues of investigation into subject, composition, technique, the relationship between the twin wonders, music and the visual arts, the wondrous potential and spirit of young people, even engineering, and so much more.

Thanks for sharing so much of your adventure with us.
+1 :)

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

Thanks Cem, Bart and Doug for the generous comments. It's a good feeling when one's work is valued by others.

Asher

John Angulat

pro member
Asher,
This is wonderful work and I've complimented you on the project many times (well deserved, I must say!).
My only wish is for you to be able to offer us the ability to download .pdf's of the magnificent brochures I've seen.
This is where your efforts truly shine!

Asher Kelman

Asher, The pano of the outside of the school is stunning!

So are the rest, just not as large on the page.

That was a great experience to do. I have a feeling that was about 40 pics handheld with the Canon G 10 stitched in Autpano Pro.

I had to rework the squares on the ground by hand.

Asher