• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

One hot model!

Will Thompson

Well Known Member

Will_Thompson_C_2010_012K2356.jpg

EF 50mm f1.2L USM Prime 1/125 f4.0 ISO 200 1DsMKIII Studio Flash​

Doug Kerr

Hi, Will,

Very cute.

Does she work in the semiconductor industry? I note her personal grounding terminal. (You can never be too careful about ESD!)

It looks as if the shoot even attracted a UFV (unidentified flying voyeur).

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Will,

I like the sheer portability of you lighting. It enables you to light a model anywhere and so fast that none has time to say you need a license. I do like the model for her uniqueness. What's interesting me is that the picture has 2 powerful segments, the upper and lower thirds. This provides a fascinating head and shoulders with the little UFO on the right balancing the composition and then in the lower third one of the most curvaceous hips one might see against the vertical bars in the b.g.

The middle third unites them in a quiet, almost shy, teenager way.

It seems I'm seeing things these days in components.

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Wll,

Thanks for allowing me to split up your picture. I'm interested how different portions seem to work differently on their own. However, each then needs to be optimized for that new status.

Further with my interpretation of you image n segments, here they are without separating the triad, rather adding white bards to delineate regions.

Will_Thompson_C_2010_012K2356_AK.jpg

Will Thompson: Model

Edits: ADK

In each section, I have altered the tonalities so that the composition will work and the subject is well lit. On the face, I removed shadows and smoothed the upper lip very slightly and the hair can be seen fuller.

In the middle, the pattern represents that I am not going to assign any voluptuous emphasis there but just want some geometry.The idea is that each segment can work on its own too.

The last segment has the background darkened.

The skin throughout is somewhat lighter.

Asher