• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Attempts by a novice

fahim mohammed

These photos are the work of my wife with her D-Lux4. My input had been almost nil..( almost!!)

p997094726.jpg

She has watched me use ps and is learning fast...

p620195957.jpg

John Angulat

pro member
Well my friend, knowing of Ayesha's accomplishments in life it doesn't surprise me in the least she'd master photography.
It appears you'll be facing some stiff competition in the not too distant future!

Well done, Ayesha!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

All Ayesha's picture's do seem sharp. Here is serves the subject well. Using softness requires having it where one wants it. That's both an acquired skill and a taste to arrive at. I like the nature of the composition, seeing through and beyond the pillars. That is a very relevant thought for us all. After all, there's such a lot to enjoy and experience. It needs no improvement. Still, for just my taste, the only magic to make this picture better would be for the entire cloud to be seen. For that, I'd try to take sufficient pictures on the left and then alter the angle to have the whole cloud. Failing that, I'd cheat!

Asher

fahim mohammed

All Ayesha's picture's do seem sharp. Here is serves the subject well. Using softness requires having it where one wants it. That's both an acquired skill and a taste to arrive at. I like the nature of the composition, seeing through and beyond the pillars. That is a very relevant thought for us all. After all, there's such a lot to enjoy and experience. It needs no improvement. Still, for just my taste, the only magic to make this picture better would be for the entire cloud to be seen. For that, I'd try to take sufficient pictures on the left and then alter the angle to have the whole cloud. Failing that, I'd cheat!

Asher

Asher, I was shown this comment and the original was pulled up on the screen; ' ok do what Asher asked'.

No, you are supposed to get this sorted and learn, I said. An argument ensued about clouds!!

I am out of this discussion! LOL!

She has a good eye, Fahim.

Rachel, thank you.

What is HDR?, I have asked.

Hi Fahim,

HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. HDR files have a much larger range of luminosities encoded than a single shot can capture.

HDR imaging has gained a reputation as if responsible for over-the-top contrast manipulations, and gradient inversions. The truth is that HDR itself is not to blame, but rather the subsequent tonemapping which tries to squeeze the huge dynamic range into the more limited range allowed by our displays, or prints. Apparently the overprocessed look has a large following, but that's probably in part due to the lack of good natural tonemapping alternatives.

Cheers,
Bart

fahim mohammed

Hi Fahim,

HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. HDR files have a much larger range of luminosities encoded than a single shot can pature.

HDR imaging has gained a reputation as if responsible for over-the-top contrast manipulations, and gradient inversions. The truth is that HDR itself is not to blame, but rather the subsequent tonemapping which tries to squeeze the huge dynamic range into the more limited range allowed by our displays, or prints. Apparently the overprocessed look has a large following, but that's probably in part due to the lack of good natural tonemapping alternatives.

Cheers,
Bart

Bart, thank you for that lucid explanation. I have already shown it to Ayesha. She wants to take up film!! ( LOL ).

Take care and stay well.

fahim mohammed

I think my camera has had it, said Ayesha. The photos are all funny.

Let me have a look, says I.

p795299973.jpg

Yes, I said. The lens seems to be damaged Ayesha. All photos shall be like this till we get it fixed.