• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

File Formats

Don Shreve

pro member
I'm beginning to offer panoramas & virtual tours to clients, and wondering what image format to use. My first client specified the 360º image be 1024x2048 px, and they place it in their site themselves for an autoplay JavaScript panorama.
I'm still working out the kinks on getting all this worked out, and have yet to get a file I like to show up as an autoplay image, testing on my blog.
Anyone have experience with these issues?
Thanks!
Don Shreve

Valentin Arfire

I'm beginning to offer panoramas & virtual tours to clients, and wondering what image format to use. My first client specified the 360º image be 1024x2048 px, and they place it in their site themselves for an autoplay JavaScript panorama.
I'm still working out the kinks on getting all this worked out, and have yet to get a file I like to show up as an autoplay image, testing on my blog.
Anyone have experience with these issues?
Thanks!
Don Shreve

hi Don

I don't have experience with java but 1024x2048 seem to me something very limited in immersivity - like the pictures some years ago - I suppose here you can make an idea on the size, details and the general feeling of the panorama;

http://www.panoguide.com/gallery/1983/;jsessionid=74598293FC895D724BFE27254A2CF7E1

probably it is accepted when used for iphone screen or extreme small window.

A java based technology is a large step backwards - I suppose you should let the client see the flash FPP or KRPANO tours.